New Student Registration
Wednesday, August 23rd 9am – 7pm
Interpreter services 2pm – 7pm (español, Somali, عربى, Tiếng Việt, नेपाली and Burmese)
Family Liaisons 2pm-7pm (español, Somali, नेपाली and Burmese)
New Student Registration is for those who are attending Kindergarten through 8th grade and who are new to the Tukwila School District.
If you are in 5th grade and moving up into Showalter Middle School from one of our elementary schools (Cascade View, Thorndyke, Tukwila) you do not need to attend this registration.
If you are a continuing student, please take a look at the school supply list. First day of school is September 5th!
We will have free school-required immunizations available to any students who need it, even if the student is already enrolled. Come and get vaccinated!
Showalter Middle School
4628 South 144th St
Tukwila, WA 98168
|If you are unable to register on August 23rd, then Cascade View registrations will take place at Thorndyke Elementary School due to the construction at Cascade View|
What to bring:
- Proof of residency
- Lease/rental agreement, mortgage statement, or a utility bill tied to the residence (not a cell phone bill)
- Proof of student’s age
- Birth certificate, passport, US visa, or I-94
- Immunization record
- If your child has been vaccinated, please bring records of this information
- Emergency contact information (names and telephone numbers of two authorized contacts for your child)
What to expect:
- The process will start with verifying that your address is within the Tukwila School District boundaries. Once that is verified, the registration paperwork begins
- You will fill out many forms for each child
- You and your child will need to go through a few stations to verify that all the information is filled out and accurate
- You will turn in your registration packet to a school office manager at the end of the process and get information about which school your child(ren) will be attending
- You will be able to ask questions
- Your child can get free school required immunizations/vaccinations
- Your child can do their state required ELL testing – ELPA21 (based on the Home Language Survey)
- You will spend at least 30 minutes here